FLFishChik’s 75g Journey

On 9/12/2024 at 11:47 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

How is your gravel so sparkly clean?! Your tank is looking wonderful and algae free!

Thanks! I have an amazing cleaning crew. 12 Corys , 12 Kuhlis,4 Amanos and a Long Fin BN Pleco tend to keep things moving along so the filters can do their job!. As for algea.. I don’t over feed (I used to have that problem) and I’ve worked out my lighting to run from 6:30 to am 8:30 pm but never more than 50% at its highest intensity (about 3 hours) with a long ramp up and an even longer ramp  down. 

See, I’ve been doing a “house shut down” every night for about 3 months. After dinner, I start shutting down rooms of the house - kitchen, family rooms, laundry room etc. and turn on salt lamps and light candles. The aquarium lights were off putting agains the soft amber lighting so I adjusted them to have that same soft pinkish/amber color during their ramp down and it seems to have done wonders in both my tanks the 75 g never had an issue but the 29g did and ever since running it in the same time and color adjustment as the 75g, my algea issue has disappeared. The plants still seem to be thriving (I give them root tabs on a schedule) and only dose easy green on a “as needed” basis.

there. Those are my secrets, lol

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Love 2