Question airline keeps working loose

I have the 2 output Co-op air pump my airline keeps working off the nipples from it and the check valves.  The check valves do seem to be a bit larger than I would have thought but it was a airline kit a friend gave me when I mentioned I was going to get the air pump. Is there a way to work the airline further up the nipples that I am forgetting to try?

I learned from this forum:

1) try dipping the end in hot water for a number of seconds, to loosen enough to slip up the nipple

2) when redoing the connection using the same hose, cut off the enough of the worn end

3) can secure with zip tie or coated wire

4) if I oriented the check valve wrong or didn't make a bleed valve, the hose can pop off more easily

5) sand nipples before reconnecting for better grip

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, HelplessNewbie said:

I learned from this forum:

1) try dipping the end in hot water for a number of seconds, to loosen enough to slip up the nipple

2) when redoing the connection using the same hose, cut off the enough of the worn end

3) can secure with zip tie or coated wire

4) if I oriented the check valve wrong or didn't make a bleed valve, the hose can pop off more easily

5) sand nipples before reconnecting for better grip

Hope this helps!

Will try I totally forgot about heating the airline, thanks 

• Like 1

I think that the hot water helped, I think that the stuff came from an online shop as a kit because it was all sealed.  It wasn't used stuff all new just not as easy fitting as I had remembered.