Not feeling guilty . . .

So if the employee at the LFS was being an unhelpful jerk, that means I had no obligation to point out he’d probably priced this wrong, right?

That’s subwassertang.  He had no idea what it was, I had to point.

8DE4D0EA-E928-4B7F-93D1-804BD7A3E31F.jpeg.25fca068fea0735df5a736a892be1c06.jpeg

(He really was being a jerk, he was telling me they didn’t sell things I’d bought there before and that I was staring at in the same tank another employee had retrieved them from before - no ‘not for sale’ or quarantine signs, he just didn’t want to be bothered.)

On 3/9/2024 at 10:22 PM, lefty o said:

its a nice clump for $6.

The cheapest I’ve seen online is about $8 for a golf-ball portion.  That’s easily 4 golf balls.  

Dude wouldn’t sell me buce out of the shrimp tank, but I think I can’t complain.

• Like 1

I stopped feeling guilty about those kind of things long ago. The LFS won't feel obligated to tell you that they overcharged for something.  

In the jerk's defense; If you aren't a dedicated plant person, you either go by what the vendor thought they sent, or what somebody else wrote on the front of the tank. If the jerk didn't want to be bothered, you just accept your gift with a smile and go.

After a couple of reminders, my LFS relabeled the African Bolbitis Heudelotii  as "Asian Water Fern" (Bolbitis heteroclita), and the price went up.  I had previously purchased the cheaper plant as well as a "Crypt Large" and a "Crypt Bunch".  The only reason I knew the difference was because of the folks here.