Hillstream loach from LFS

goodjobchamp

So i got 3 hillstream loaches from my LFS they quarentine for a week and do meds. He did say they medicated for the week i only remember him saying ich x i forgot the other 2 but one of them has a white ish patch on his tail and somewhat near the head. I ordered 3 before in the past off ebay and 1 of the hillstreams had about the same thing but much worse. I was curious if anyone knows what or how to treat this on hillstreams since i wasimage.jpeg.9b2c8334493bad0c3308b5a648471d4a.jpeg not succesful my first time around. 

I can't see the white patches you described in the picture you can get white patches with columnaris that's a gram negative bacterial infection that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain I can't say for sure that's what's going the most effective treatment is kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan I would get holed these medication just in case you need to treat@goodjobchamp

1000000030.png

On 3/8/2024 at 2:29 AM, goodjobchamp said:

Lets see i got a better picture and the forum you mentioned i did find and ordered both meds hopefully she survives until then, no store within reasonable distance had it. @Colu

20240307_151449.jpg.0fb3f9934a731faf27987cf494fa070a.jpg

Am still struggling to see anything in your picture is it possible to get a top down  picture or a picture looking directly at his back 

Posted (edited)

20240308_143947.jpg.7eb39413704e8058961a55cd285986f6.jpg@Colu

20240308_144545.jpg.b5e7bc7ca9331e0f77ad404c1587998d.jpg

the first picture is kinda the same as the others but its advanced a bit over night pretty quickly. The top down isnt great its hard to get one honestly my phone pics arent amazing. @Colu

But what you cant see in the pictures too well is i see wounds starting in the lighter areas. Its getting worse fast and i get the meds tomorrow atm all i have is maracyn oxy, coppersafe from fritz, ich x, prazipro, pimafix and eurythromycin from api. She is still very active but if its anything like the last one it wont be long before that changes. @Colu

Edited by goodjobchamp

On 3/8/2024 at 8:30 PM, goodjobchamp said:

maracyn oxy, maracyn, or maracyn 2? @Colu

i couldnt find maracyn anywhere in my area so i got api erythromycin since the active ingredient is erythromycin in maracyn do you think that would be fine? @Colu

Yes I would start treating with that now 

On 3/8/2024 at 8:57 PM, goodjobchamp said:

Thank you for your help i appreciate it, do you think i will need the new meds coming in? jungle fungle cure and kanaplex? @Colu

What I would do is finish the course of erythromycin if your not seeing much improvement then I would follow up with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs 

On 3/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is finish the course of erythromycin if your not seeing much improvement then I would follow up with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs 

will do thank you for the help. 

• Like 1

Sadly my update on the hillstream isnt good, before i even went to bed around 10 pm she was not alive anymore w.e it was took over 70% of her body. Went from the little portion of her tail to her whole body within 7 ish hours. @Colu

• Sad 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:14 PM, goodjobchamp said:

Sadly my update on the hillstream isnt good, before i even went to bed around 10 pm she was not alive anymore w.e it was took over 70% of her body. Went from the little portion of her tail to her whole body within 7 ish hours. @Colu

Sorry to hear that Sounds like columnaris the way it's rapidly spread I would do a course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear just to be on the safe side with your other fish even if they aren't showing symptoms it a very aggressive bacterial disease antibiotics would have taken a couple of days to get into the system and start working unfortunately it  was to  far gone for the  antibiotics work in time 

On 3/9/2024 at 4:46 PM, Colu said:

Sorry to hear that Sounds like columnaris the way it's rapidly spread I would do a course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear just to be on the safe side with your other fish even if they aren't showing symptoms it a very aggressive bacterial disease antibiotics would have taken a couple of days to get into the system and start working unfortunately it  was to  far gone for the  antibiotics work in time 

ya its unfortunate. That does make sense ill go ahead and run a course just incase. 

• Like 1