Framed aquarium pics

I'm trying to get a photo of one of my tanks framed to the same dimensions as the front panel of a 20 long. I'm wondering if a pic taken with an iphone would retain good quality once it's enlarged. I'm also hoping someone could share an image if they've done this. Not sure if this is allowed, but if there are any sites anyone could recommend, I'd be grateful. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 10:26 AM, Scaperoot said:

Not sure if this is allowed, but if there are any sites anyone could recommend, I'd be grateful. 

Since it is not a competitor thing yes these links would be fine.  
I really like this idea. Some tanks I’ve had over the years I really wish I had large framed photos to hang. 

• Like 1

What is your phones native zoom. Digital zoom will kill your image when it gets zoomed in and then enlarged.  The trick is set resolution to the highest setting,  then manually without using zoom get your image taken then hopefully you can enlarge it enough.   Office max used to be able to print large format sizes.  I enlarged snorkeling photos from film prints to 18×24

On 3/3/2024 at 9:06 PM, johnnyxxl said:

What is your phones native zoom. Digital zoom will kill your image when it gets zoomed in and then enlarged.  The trick is set resolution to the highest setting,  then manually without using zoom get your image taken then hopefully you can enlarge it enough.   Office max used to be able to print large format sizes.  I enlarged snorkeling photos from film prints to 18×24

The resolution is 1334 x 750 pixels. It's an SE, a pretty old one. This is the only pic I have of this scape. I'm trying to see how it will look at approximately 12 x 30. 

C07FCCDB-A3FC-4227-8328-8C4F5B6D9B22.jpeg

Software can help quite a bit with enlarging  low resolution photos.  Do you have any photographer friends?  Lightroom, Photoshop and other similar programs can make enlargements look pretty darn good.  There are some free software programs as well, though I've not used them, but they may be worth looking at.

• Like 2

I found a vendor on Etsy that will print on canvas for a reasonable price. They send proof prior to fulfilling the order, so I'll be able to see if it's worth printing. I'm surprised at how hard it was to find hobbyists who have done this. I checked on various forums, including photography subreddits, and couldn't find a single person who could share their experience in having a picture of their aquarium enlarged and printed. I must be crazy lol. If this works out, I'll post a pic here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...