Stock plan for my 4 footer

johnnyxxl

My initial plan is plant fairly nice with,

Java fern, crypts, and some dwarf hair grass or guppy weed, some stems just not sure what yet.

The fish where I am more knowledgeable in I am thinking Tiger barbs a good school or more than 12 if the wallet works,

Black ruby barbs 6 or more 

bristle nose pleco 2 

Cory cats haven't decided specific breed 

Kulhi loaches 6 or more 

Any suggestions or comments about my proposed stocking, this is going to still be a bit down the road as my tank isn't yet fully filled with water much less cycled

• Like 1

sounds good to me! My preference is always less species, more of each, especially fish belonging to specific roles. 

For example I personally would go all in one one of the barb species. All those bottom dwellers behave very differently so keep em all, but I think the tank could benefit from a big centerpiece that hopefully wont be picked on by the barbs. 

I must emphasize there is nothing wrong with this stocking, I only am making suggestions based on my specific tastes. Ultimately what matters is just what you like and would be excited about. Your enjoyment and sense of self ownership over the tank is what will keep you paying close attention to it and ultimately lead to it's success!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 2:24 PM, Gannon said:

sounds good to me! My preference is always less species, more of each, especially fish belonging to specific roles. 

For example I personally would go all in one one of the barb species. All those bottom dwellers behave very differently so keep em all, but I think the tank could benefit from a big centerpiece that hopefully wont be picked on by the barbs. 

I must emphasize there is nothing wrong with this stocking, I only am making suggestions based on my specific tastes. Ultimately what matters is just what you like and would be excited about. Your enjoyment and sense of self ownership over the tank is what will keep you paying close attention to it and ultimately lead to it's success!

I only asked to be sure that I was not missing something that would not get along with each other.  I don't know if I will get a centerpiece fish but I may get a larger school of barbs

On 3/1/2024 at 6:54 AM, Tony s said:

Actually have always loved the look of this tank. Same tiger barb. Just bred to green

He has started doing podcasts with Kg tropical

On 3/1/2024 at 8:13 AM, johnnyxxl said:

He has started doing podcasts with Kg tropical

I may start getting plants next week as my light should be here tomorrow and I plan on getting the polycarbonate tomorrow also 

• Like 1
  • Love 1