Auto Top Off - Rimmed Tanks

twodaend

I've been looking at an auto top off setup, but it seems that all of them are made for rimless tanks.  I have a rimmed tank and none of the parts that connect to the tank for the hose will fit.

I'm trying a similar ATO as to this one in the link.  Duetto2 Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium ATO System  However the bracket is way to small for a rimmed tank. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to connect the hose to a rimmed tank so that the ATO can be used.  For now, I'm using a IRWIN® 2" Quick Grip Handi-Clamp with the hose zip tied to the handle.  This also allows me to have the proper height above the water line, but it is ugly.  I'm hoping there is a better way to secure the hose especially on a rimmed tank.

My All Glass Aquarium (the brand name) with the oak trim has a slightly thicker rim than the newer Aqueon tanks with the black trim.

Edited by twodaend
Added All Glass Aquarium vs Aqueon

Posted (edited)

I haven't found a good solution yet.  I don't like to see the water line so I fill my tank up so that the trim covers the water line.  Because of this I don't want the ATO tube to be in the water.  I tried Zerodis Aquarium Tube Clips and they fit the Aqueon brand, but not the older All Glass Aquarium brand.  They work ok, but I was hoping to find something better.  I might try these Fish Tank Water Pipe Clamp, but I think they would work better on a bucket than on a tank.

Edited by twodaend

• 1 month later...

i have that same brand in my amazon cart. Didn’t even know that it was only made for rimless tanks. Really glad I saw this thread.

Thank you for finding a solution