Journey to new tank

I need to decide on lighting and what to do for for my top.  Will be a dark water with barbs, planted.

On 2/25/2024 at 6:57 PM, Bigdog99 said:

Looking good, I suppose you fixed the base that you were talking about earlier on this tank?

Yes added extra 2x4's 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

IMG_20240302_135107_656.thumb.jpg.56929d43d64f8be11051afb5d747a136.jpgIMG_20240302_135046_724.thumb.jpg.8d6e6ec3d444f7aff3c12f235fb906c2.jpghygger light and polycarbonate hoods.  Handle is going to be a surprise.johnnyxxlContributor
johnnyxxl
Posted just now
Today made 2 hoods for my tank, installed the light, plumbed the airline and turned on the air pump, and added my nermy sticke

IMG_20240302_135107_656.jpg

Edited by johnnyxxl
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

New plants next on the agenda after I get some more water need to call flps and see what they have in stock before I drive the hour, otherwise I will see about ordering from coop or kg tropical 

Edited by johnnyxxl
  • Like 1

Planted the two pots, one is red flame sword, the other I believe is a crypt. I'm floating the stems until they form some roots, and the java fern until I know it's ok, it had the rhizomes tied up with thread.  It was two rhizomes which was a nice surprise 

17100762150604356781893527991911.jpg

The two LFS are Wet Pets in Gastonia NC, and C-MACS Aquarium in Charlotte NC both are about an 45 minutes away and 30 minutes from each other which made for a long drive for only four plant.  But the first time for C-MACS as I wasn't aware of them had it not been for this forum.  I will shop there again.

On 3/10/2024 at 10:53 PM, Chad said:

Those hoods are really nice, well done! I’m taking notes

I took what Corey did and just tweaked it up a bit.  I used coins to dress up the handles a tad.  I also used epoxy for everything the polycarbonate hinges etc.

• Like 3

Thanks again, and you answered a question before I could ask it, epoxy 🙂 I was wondering if super glue would hold long enough, but epoxy sure would.

Edited by Chad

On 3/11/2024 at 9:27 AM, Chad said:

Thanks again, and you answered a question before I could ask it, epoxy 🙂 I was wondering if super glue would hold long enough, but epoxy sure would.

Super glue will work for something like that if applied on a clean surface 

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 10:15 PM, Schuyler said:

Looks like it's coming along nicely

Are you intentionally keeping the water level lower for some reason?

So that I can move things around and not overflow the tank

Also thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it.  

• Like 1