helpp by betta top fin keeps ripping from the inside

yve

Pls help my betta’s fin seems to be ripping from the inside? seems like the fins are getting thin around that area.

not sure if it’s an external or internal issue?

some info for reference

Ph: 7.3, Ammonia: 0, Nitrate: 2 Nitrite: 0, Temp: 27 degree celsius (with auto heater), Filter: Aqua clear filter (with sponge & bio rings + pre filter and baffle sponge), Food: Vibra bites 4 pellets/day

please help, thanks

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

On 2/20/2024 at 7:16 AM, Colu said:

Is there anything in the tank that could be injuring his top fin 

i doubt so, there’s only plants and drift wood in the tank 

On 2/21/2024 at 4:10 PM, yve said:

i doubt so, there’s only plants and drift wood in the tank 

If there's nothing damaging his fin it could be fin rot am not seeing any Reddening to edges of the fins I would do a course of kanaplex add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes and add an extra air stone during treatment 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/22/2024 at 4:56 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

I have never seen anything like it before, was this sudden or was his fins declining for a while @yve?

Hi thanks for getting sorry for the really late reply but yea he has always have an issue with his fins but this is the first time it happen. I just posted a new forum 

u can see how his fin is now there. 

Thank you!

On 2/22/2024 at 9:24 AM, Colu said:

If there's nothing damaging his fin it could be fin rot am not seeing any Reddening to edges of the fins I would do a course of kanaplex add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes and add an extra air stone during treatment 

Hi thanks for getting back, really sorry for the super late reply. But yes i did do kanaplex and aquarium salt treatment but his fin isn’t healing but it’s not getting better too. 

I just posted a new forum

you can see how he looks like now there!

Thank you!

• Love 1

On 9/3/2024 at 2:49 PM, yve said:

Hi thanks for getting sorry for the really late reply but yea he has always have an issue with his fins but this is the first time it happen. I just posted a new forum 

u can see how his fin is now there. 

Thank you!

Hi thanks for getting back, really sorry for the super late reply. But yes i did do kanaplex and aquarium salt treatment but his fin isn’t healing but it’s not getting better too. 

I just posted a new forum

you can see how he looks like now there!

Thank you!

That is great to hear! It’s ok!