Can you help me identify what my fish has?

varun

Ammonia nitrite are zero. Nitrate is 40. Ph is 7.8. temp is 80. I keep it at 76 but raised as I read that helps the fish when they are sick. Haven't check kh and gh as I don't have equipment to test it. Will buy a tester for that today. 

No loss of appetite and lethargy but some fish died and no pinecone and experienced rapid breathing. 

Edited by varun
Changed pinecone to no pinecone

On 2/19/2024 at 11:15 AM, varun said:

Ammonia nitrite are zero. Nitrate is 40. Ph is 7.8. temp is 80. I keep it at 76 but raised as I read that helps the fish when they are sick. Haven't check kh and gh as I don't have equipment to test it. Will buy a tester for that today. 

No loss of appetite and lethargy but some fish died and they did pinecone and experienced rapid breathing. 

@varun, is this a planted tank? Kinda high on nitrates if there is no plants, what is the temp u raised it to?

If you seeing pineconing I would treat with metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and dose the tank with maracyn2 to treat any possible internal bacterial infection causing the pineconing and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will reduce any possible fluid buildup @varun

1000000024.png

On 2/19/2024 at 12:54 PM, Bigdog99 said:

@varun, is this a planted tank? Kinda high on nitrates if there is no plants, what is the temp u raised it to?

Yes. It is planted. Got swords, val, creeping charlie, and a few more. I raised the temp from 76 to 80

On 2/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, Colu said:

If you seeing pineconing I would treat with metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks and dose the tank with maracyn2 to treat any possible internal bacterial infection causing the pineconing and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will reduce any possible fluid buildup @varun

1000000024.png

Absolutely sorry but no pineconing. Just the fins turning to white as is visible on the top and side.

Edited by varun
Added more info
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:58 PM, varun said:

Yes. It is planted. Got swords, val, creeping charlie, and a few more. I raised the temp from 76 to 80

Absolutely sorry but no pineconing. Just the fins turning to white as is visible on the top and side.

I would go with some aquarium salt and go from there 

On 2/19/2024 at 6:58 PM, varun said:

With white fins I would quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons as you have live plants salt at that level will harm them if you can't quarantine I would do a course of kanaplex and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons the salt will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1