Returning to the Hobby

Hi Folks!  It's been a minute since I took part in the fishkeeping community.  Back when I was a teenager I was really into the guppies.com and cichlids.com forums.  I did a lot of what I considered fish breeding with guppies, African cichlids and cories.  I went to college, moved to Germany then back to US.  I've changed industries and states basically every couple years which wasn't particularly conducive to keeping more than a 29G for short periods of time.  Aquarium Coop has been a constant connection to fishkeeping for me even when I didn't have a tank.

Life has found me and my family finally rooted in the Boston area and I'm starting to revive my fishkeeping hobby!  For now I have a 29G in my attic office with some Khuli Loaches and a million snails.  I recently built a cabinet for our kids living room with conveniently placed shelves for fishtanks and have one cycling as we speak!  The second will be setup in a week or so.

Now it's time to decide what to put in there!  I always loved Kribs, cories, shrimp and live plants.  Looking for some inspiration for the current tank and for its twin on the other side of the room!

Both tanks are 30G long acrylic tanks with Oase Filtosmart Thermo 100's, EcoComplete substrate, and C02.  I still need to figure out how to get some oxygen in there - will probably go inline with the canister hoses like I did for the CO2.

20240211_224545.jpg

20240214_105643.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3