Betta with multiple problems, help.

Whitecloud09

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Colu, it is sad that it ended this way, idk if you know how much he has been through, but it’s a fish, it will happen so thank you for being helpful and caring enough to help me for the last month, I will I guess do that, I was wondering how to put him out of his miserable condition, again, thanks sooooo much, I am 100% gald to join this forum, because of people like u that want to help. Oh and I do not have an airstone, does that matter? 

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Sad 1

On 3/27/2024 at 6:46 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

@Colu, I have no clove oil I just realized. I hear that another way to do it is to get some ice cold water, net it out and put it in? Is that a good way?

I wouldn't recommend doing that it sends the fish into shock it doesn't died straight away it can be painful I would use clove oil or you can get a product call koi sedate that acts as a sedative that will make your fish unconscious than  you administer an overdose i used this method when I recently had to euthanize my 14 year old goldfish who developed an aggressive tumor on his gill that spread rapidly in to the face use an air stone or some air line tubbing it helps to keep the clove oil moving round the water instead of floating at the surface 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2024 at 12:55 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

@Colu, ok, what is the name again? I read it but thought that you might’ve missed spelled something because I looked up “kio sedate” and only KOI sedate showed up. Is that it?

Sorry typo koi sedate the one you want 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Colu Well, he was gulping for air, I believe he has had dropsy this whole time, so, I had do the hard thing and put him out of his misery and get him out, and I did the blunt force to the head method, maybe not the best method, but I have no koi sedate or clove oil so I did that, rip Sonic…..🥺

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Sad 1