Betta with multiple problems, help.

Whitecloud09

On 3/4/2024 at 2:21 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Yeah sorry, they are slightly raised i guess… not a lot tho, will get a better look tomorrow, the lights were off when I noticed it @Colu, if either one, any guess on what it might be?

If the spots are raised it won't be ich if you can get a better picture it Will help with a diagnosis 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 9:23 PM, Colu said:

If the spots are raised it won't be ich if you can get a better picture it Will help with a diagnosis 

Thank you, I will get a better pic in the morning, and will post it @Colu (with the lights on)

• Like 1

Sorry the pics are not very good either, this is very hard to take a pic of, the camera will not focus on him, will make another attempt of taking pics whenever he comes out of his cave. Here is more, it is slightly raised so not ich? Here they are ⬇️ Very bad, sorry. @Colu.

7ACCAF04-043D-406C-AB4B-1B92CA3EC385.jpeg

C6159C9E-B546-4F3D-9A38-709B2C8F5BC0.jpeg

Kinda useless, probably did NOT help, going to get more right away.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:53 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Here is a flash photo 

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

If the spots are raised I would add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons while treating with kanaplex possible epistylis I can say for sure as am struggling to see the spots in the picture 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:41 AM, Colu said:

If the spots are raised I would add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons while treating with kanaplex possible epistylis I can say for as am struggling to see the spots in the picture 

Ok thanks, yeah sorry, they are bad. I will do aquarium salt right now, as I have some fritz aquarium salt at the moment, going to get kanaplex today, might take a few days but for the time being I will do salt I guess @Colu

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Checked the paremeters which I have not checked in a week (worst  thing you can do with a sick betta I know, I forgot and not going to let it happen again) @Colu but the thing is, ammonia, .50 ppm 😫. Immediately did a water change and added seachem prime and going to check paremeters in morning, everything else completely fine, even nitrite 0. @Colu

Edited by Whitecloud09

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, Colu said:

If your using any active carbon or seachems matrix take that you can leave your sponge and biomedia  while treating 

So I have always never fully understood “carbon”. Is that in filter cartridges because on my box of my cartridges it says “with activated carbon”? Kinda confused, @Colu

Edited by Whitecloud09

On 3/9/2024 at 1:43 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

So I have always never fully understood “carbon”. Is that in filter cartridges because on my box of my cartridges it says “with activated carbon”? Kinda confused, @Colu

You can get carbon sponges or pellets that you put in a media bag in your filter if it say it has active carbon remove and replace with a normal sponge pad

• Thanks 1

Uselly I just take the cartridge out and leave it out, and actually the water is not nasty, and I do medications and then pop a new one in and the tank for some reason is crystal clear @Colu, thanks will start this morning 🙂

On 3/8/2024 at 9:36 PM, Colu said:

You can get carbon sponges or pellets that you put in a media bag in your filter if it say it has active carbon remove and replace with a normal sponge pad

• Like 1

I left it out @Colu, (the cartridge) and the water is super super cloudy, I was scared the quality was Terrible so I did a 25% change yesterday and now it looks the same, is it that the water is cloudy because the cartridge not in, or that it is kanaplex is in there? @Colu, please help.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:04 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

I left it out @Colu, (the cartridge) and the water is super super cloudy, I was scared the quality was Terrible so I did a 25% change yesterday and now it looks the same, is it that the water is cloudy because the cartridge not in, or that it is kanaplex is in there? @Colu, please help.

I would test your ammonia and nitrite just in case you had a spike as that can cause cloudy water it could also be a bacterial bloom or caused by the medication 

On 3/14/2024 at 3:53 PM, Colu said:

I would test your ammonia and nitrite just in case you had a spike as that can cause cloudy water it could also be a bacterial bloom or caused by the medication 

Thanks, just did, zero nitrite at all, ammonia is looking like under .25 so I guess that is not an issue @Colu, but maybe it is a bacteria bloom or medication, thank you so much 🙂

On 3/14/2024 at 11:42 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Thanks, just did, zero nitrite at all, ammonia is looking like under .25 so I guess that is not an issue @Colu, but maybe it is a bacteria bloom or medication, thank you so much 🙂

Just keep a close eye of your water parameters and do another water change if needed 

• Thanks 1

Sometimes you will have to do two courses of kanaplex back to back what I would do is leave it 5 days add some inda almond leaves and monitor then follow up with another course of kanaplex if your seeing no change 

• Thanks 1

I have not done kanaplex again because sadly have been way to busy, but now when I just got home he was doing the “death hang” and I panicked. But I found out it says do a water change if this happens, any other suggestions like maybe salt or something? @Colu

On 3/20/2024 at 6:16 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

I have not done kanaplex again because sadly have been way to busy, but now when I just got home he was doing the “death hang” and I panicked. But I found out it says do a water change if this happens, any other suggestions like maybe salt or something? @Colu

Add a Small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes add an extra air stone I would test for ammonia or nitrite just in case you had a spike 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

Yes, sadly he is barely breathing last time I checked,  when I get back I will check him again, it was a long journey with this little guy @Colu. Hate that he was basically sick all his life but he is a long fin betta, I think usually those kind are unhealthy.

• Sad 1

On 3/26/2024 at 12:26 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Idk, @Colu, he moved when I accidentally bumped the table he was on, bout to go see, maybe he will live, because he has done this a lot.

Looking at the condition of the fish I don't think it's likely he will recover if he's just laying on the bottom of tank barely breathing he not  eating I would consider end of life care humanely euthanizing him with clove oil when you think he has no quality of life it's not a pleasant thing to do sometimes you have to make that decision to end suffering that only a decision you can make you will no when it's time 

1000000136.png

1000000118.png

• Sad 1