Betta with multiple problems, help.

Whitecloud09

Ok, I have this betta for maybe a year know. I got him on this month  last year. Before I continue, the following paremeters are: 

Nitrates, 0ppm

Ammonia, 0ppm

nitrite 0 ppm

ph 7.0 ppm.

temp is 80 degrees

I know. Good paremeters. So confused

So, he is a tough betta that is for sure and I have made several topics on him (for example, “bettas stomach is fat?”And “this is the toughest betta on earth!” So I have him in a non-planted 5 gallon topfin all in one tank with a hang on back filter. Sadly all this happened during the beginning of my “career” (even tho def NOT a career.)but anyway I didn’t cycle the tank, only dechloranated the water and added him in within 2 hours day one. No acclimation either. 😆 I messed up so bad, but at least I Ifinally know how to cycle a tank, he had a bloated or fat stomach a couple of weeks ago and now it looks like it will burst. I am scared because he has had his top fin clamped for a LONG time. I am talking 3 months. His ventral fin (one of them)is like rotting and torn and I am clueless. I feed him daphnia every other day (I didn’t use to until the fat stomach and then I got freeze dried daphnia and fasted him and then I have been feeding him every other day. He will eat. Mainly sits in his cave or at the bottom. Does swim some tho. He is a half moon Lon fin betta. Yes I realized eventually that thse things don’t STAY healthy.

with all that said, HELP!!! 😂. I am clueless of what to do. Plz I need assistance here…thanks in advance 

These pics are from now:E5403C48-E587-4A8F-ADCA-9A6933221D5B.jpeg.64ebda17f351f5794237efa77cde0285.jpeg

E5403C48-E587-4A8F-ADCA-9A6933221D5B.jpeg

55CAA56B-D640-4B98-B9F6-EE8B3ADD2746.jpeg

DD4E290C-D268-413A-807B-D06052B65218.jpeg

4D62486E-19C8-4BCD-8B2E-07D4CA8B3F0B.jpeg

53A9DF70-6092-445D-B005-1EAECC6E385D.jpeg
these are from the last couple of weeks: 

2670FF27-7E66-43D9-84A8-117F0AA777DF.jpeg

5F55225F-891E-45C7-9158-37D2F6499865.jpeg

EA83E737-0CF7-4634-BC7C-BCCA1667C775.jpeg

FBF2AC95-5E0A-4C8F-A1D9-109090F0125F.jpeg

53B13342-DF8A-4709-8EAF-47908A842A56.jpeg

17F1C562-32E3-49B0-A2DF-0290B000F381.jpeg

05C082C1-9B90-4147-A727-2108CF4458F4.jpeg

Edited by Bigdog99
Fixed typos and other problems

I would start by doing epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as could be constipated  or he could be bloated due to underlying issue such as kidney failure have you notice any pineconing @Bigdog99

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:47 PM, Colu said:

I would start by doing epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as could be constipated  or he could be bloated due to underlying issue such as kidney failure have you notice any pineconing @Bigdog99

Ok thanks but “pineconing”? I have never heard of it… @Colu?

Ohhhhhh…like his scales on his belly raising basically right?

@Colu, I know it might help, but I have to TAKE HIM out ? I know it’s might sound dumb but, I really don’t want him to get stressed out and like my other betta trying to attempt a bath he died and this one has a big tumor to worry about, I know maybe kinda dumb thing to say, but is THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION? I have aquarium salt. The fritz kind, will that work? I have dosed lots and lots of times, like once per week for close to a month. And then every once in a while. The water quality is good like, t(e old water is  almost completely clear. Help @Colu plz

On 2/17/2024 at 1:44 AM, Bigdog99 said:

@Colu, I know it might help, but I have to TAKE HIM out ? I know it’s might sound dumb but, I really don’t want him to get stressed out and like my other betta trying to attempt a bath he died and this one has a big tumor to worry about, I know maybe kinda dumb thing to say, but is THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION? I have aquarium salt. The fritz kind, will that work? I have dosed lots and lots of times, like once per week for close to a month. And then every once in a while. The water quality is good like, t(e old water is  almost completely clear. Help @Colu plz

Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help with constipation aquarium salt doesn't work as a muscle relaxant You can add Epsom salt to your tank if you done want to do a it as a bath it will raise GH so I would do 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for 5 days and go from there 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:17 PM, Colu said:

Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help with constipation aquarium salt doesn't work as a muscle relaxant You can add Epsom salt to your tank if you done want to do a it as a bath it will raise GH so I would do 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for 5 days and go from there 

Thanks, do u mean add the salt every day for 5 days or no?  I guess I am not really worried about GH because I have soft water and GH is maybe 2 DGH. Do I dissolve it? Like because would he try to eat it @Colu? I mean, he isn’t the most active and mainly moves around to go to his different hiding spots. @Colu

On 2/16/2024 at 9:17 PM, Colu said:

Thanks, I guess I am not really worried about GH because I have soft water and GH is maybe 2 DGH. Do I dissolve it? Like because would he try to eat it @Colu? I mean, he isn’t the most active and mainly moves around to go to his different hiding spots. @Colu

Sorry, I TOTALLY MESSED THAT EDIT UP lol. I didn’t mean to double it. 😁

Edited by Bigdog99
Added in additional Qs

Desolve the epsom salt in a cup of warm water then add it to the tank No don't add epsom salt every day add it on day one leave it for the 5 days I don't think your GH will go up by much on  5 days start to water change out the salt as salt only removed though water changes 

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:42 PM, Colu said:

Desolve the epsom salt in a cup of warm water then add it to the tank No don't add epsom salt every day add it on day one leave it for the 5 days I don't think your GH will go up by much on  5 days start to water change out the salt as salt only removed though water changes 

Thanks so much! So helpful! 

epsom salt containing 100% magnesium sulfate is  fine he could have cut his dorsal fin on the plastic plants they can be Sharpe i would monitor the fin while treating with epsom salt if you notice any Reddening to the edges of the fins or his fins start to recede then i would start to treat with kanaplex 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:27 PM, Colu said:

epsom salt containing 100% magnesium sulfate is  fine he could have cut his dorsal fin on the plastic plants they can be Sharpe i would monitor the fin while treating with epsom salt if you notice any Reddening to the edges of the fins or his fins start to recede then i would start to treat with kanaplex 

Thank u for responding, I was worried and I will get Kanaplex as so as possible if reddening happens. I thought his cave was not sharp or plants but I guess I might be wrong.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:44 AM, Bigdog99 said:

@Colu, should I start kanaplex? I have seen no improvement….OH NO, I DID NOT DO epsom salt! (I actually just THOUGHT OF THAT WHILE TYPING) I guess I dissolve in the tank water in a separate cup right? Should I still get kanaplex?

If you haven't added epsom I would do that that give it a couple of days then do a course of kanaplex 

• Thanks 1

Not to barge in your convo but I've read seachum kalaplex has a direct effect of treating popeye and fin rot. Five fish stores later I had to order it online. I ordered it today I wish I had it last week. I have three fish battling with ich and fin rot. Using kalaplex with ich x ive read does the trick in treating both parasidic and bacterial infection.  I'll post the outcome if it does the trick. I wish your fishy the best!

Edited by kbean
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 8:38 PM, kbean said:

Not to barge in your convo but I've read seachum kalaplex has a direct effect of treating popeye and fin rot. Five fish stores later I had to order it online. I ordered it today I wish I had it last week. I have three fish battling with ich and fin rot. Using kalaplex with ich x ive read does the trick in treating both parasidic and bacterial infection.  I'll post the outcome if it does the trick. I wish your fishy the best!

Thanks a lot!

On 3/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

@Colu, day 3 of after adding salt in, after 5 days, what next? Kanaplex?

Give it 5 days of epsom salt if your seeing no improvement then do kanaplex 

• Thanks 1

@Colu, now he has two white spots on his head, here is a pic, about to order kanaplex because nothing happened and this is the 5 day and no improvements, did a 25% change because water quality was not great but now it is better, but will do these every other day until improvements, sorry for no light in tank, light was off because of a timer and can’t turn it back on until tomorrow at about 9 am so yeah ordering kanaplex tomorrow and will treat, do u know what this is???? Thanks 

AA541ACF-7AEB-4C05-A6CF-2380F366BB05.jpeg

Very very hard to see, my apologies @Colu.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:11 PM, Colu said:

can't see the spots in your picture are the spots  raised or flat @Whitecloud09

Yeah sorry, they are slightly raised i guess… not a lot tho, will get a better look tomorrow, the lights were off when I noticed it @Colu, if either one, any guess on what it might be?