Ich in fish

FishQween

So I have four tanks currently and I've had an outbreak of ich. It started with my goldfish and today I found my swordtails with it too. The swordtails share a tank with platies but I haven't seen any of those with the white spots.

I've put both heaters at 86F (30C) and am using cupramine from seachem, applying the indicated dose each other day. Is there anything else I should be doing? 

In the other tank, I have one pregnant platy and in the other 15 swordtail fry. I don't think they're sick because they haven't shown any symptoms. Hopefully they don't get sick.

Any help would be appreciated!! 😊😊😊

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 5:56 PM, FishQween said:

So I have four tanks currently and I've had an outbreak of ich. It started with my goldfish and today I found my swordtails with it too. The swordtails share a tank with platies but I haven't seen any of those with the white spots.

I've put both heaters at 86F (30C) and am using cupramine from seachem, applying the indicated dose each other day. Is there anything else I should be doing? 

In the other tank, I have one pregnant platy and in the other 15 swordtail fry. I don't think they're sick because they haven't shown any symptoms. Hopefully they don't get sick.

I would say, keep doing what you are doing. 86 degrees sounds crazy….can fish survive like that? I have never heard of having it that high. Idk maybe i have just never heard of taht! The salt or cupramine or whatever it is works. I know that but could u send a pic plz

On 2/12/2024 at 5:56 PM, FishQween said:

I actually stand corrected. Just noticed the female platy has them too. I'm praying the fry don't 😭

On 2/12/2024 at 6:09 PM, Bigdog99 said:

I would say, keep doing what you are doing. 86 degrees sounds crazy….can fish survive like that? I have never heard of having it that high. Idk maybe i have just never heard of taht! The salt or cupramine or whatever it is works. I know that but could u send a pic plz

I read on some vet page that 86 was good. Idk, I'm trying everything I can 😭😭😭

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:15 PM, FishQween said:

I actually stand corrected. Just noticed the female platy has them too. I'm praying the fry don't 😭

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

No your fine about the temp. I am no expert! Yeah that stinks about those plates. The salt will help I know, but trying to think of other things u can try….🤔.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:15 PM, FishQween said:

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

I would Also add 1 table spoon for 2 gallons of aquarium salt as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt adds back in essential electrolytes 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:24 PM, Colu said:

I would Also add 1 table spoon for 2 gallons of aquarium salt as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt adds back in essential electrolytes 

I definitely will! Thank you!!

• Like 1