Guppy Flashing Normal?

Mercfh

So I have a 29g with 8 small ember tetras/ 6 male guppies and some corys. I noticed today 2 different guppies were "flashing" (I had never seen such behavior and had to look it up) but they were flicking themselves on the sand.

Water parameters are fine, 0 ammonia/0 nitrite/30-40 nitrate (I did a water change after just in case). Looked around and saw no signs of ich (No spots).

It was odd to me that 2 different guppies did it, both near a decoration. Is this sometimes normal?

Both guppies are fat and seem normal otherwise?

Guppies can flash if your pH KH or GH are to low if there's ammonia in the water or chlorine if you don't use a dechlorinator  through a parasitic infection such as ich or flukes most fish will occasionally flash once in a while it's if it's happening multiple times a day it's more likely to be caused by one of the above causes if it's once every couple of days less likely to be a parasitic infection @Mercfh

On 2/9/2024 at 11:59 PM, Colu said:

Guppies can flash if your pH KH or GH are to low if there's ammonia in the water or chlorine if you don't use a dechlorinator  through a parasitic infection such as ich or flukes most fish will occasionally flash once in a while it's if it's happening multiple times a day it's more likely to be caused by one of the above causes if it's once every couple of days less likely to be a parasitic infection @Mercfh

gh is 10, kh is 5. FWIW i had 3 guppies prior and added 3-4 and the others didn't do this. So far i've only seen it 1-2 times today. from 2 diff ones. I guess ill just keep an eye on them for now. It is odd the 2 flashed in the same place (in front of a castle decor) maybe they are marking their territory or something. Since the recent 3-4 we added are all males. (Only male guppies in the tank)

Edited by Mercfh