Two New Betta’s dropped off!

Fish Enthusiast

Someone came to me with two new bettas! This is the third new one this week! One of them seems to have a tumor in place of what should’ve been an eye. The second one is incredibly skinny. Still willing to eat however I’m unsure how to go about either of them. They are both placed in quarantine tanks with half a tablespoon of salt in their five gallons and catalpa leaves for tannins! Should I consider anything else afterwards? I’m debating which meds to use and which ones to save until I see further symptoms. How would you guys diagnose these ones?

IMG_3854.jpeg.20f65056621925174e7bc4fe862b868d.jpegIMG_3859.jpeg.a3468a98d0535e45696c242b841aa36a.jpegIMG_3863.jpeg.0dc94d0a40a88410d63207d3a219a2c5.jpeg

The one that's underweight I would treat with expel p just in case there's an underlying parasitic infection am struggling to see a tumor on your other fish some lumps can be caused by a bacterial infections so I would do a course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline also has anti-inflammatory properties @Fish Enthusiast

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

Currently treating Maracyn and Expel P. They seem to be perking up. I discovered the skinny one will ONLY eat brine shrimp. Live or packaged. But the blinds good eye seems to be bigger than normal. Is this Pop Eye? IMG_5172.jpeg.7b60d65051b83ffdb561fa03a544b0e9.jpeg

Edited by Fish Enthusiast

For the skinny betta. He’s still refusing food. I don’t think he’s going to make it. I have him on expel P and he doesn’t seem to get any better. He has. A desire to eat but always spits it out. It’s strange.

update on the blind betta. He’s doing really well and is thriving. And his eye swelling seemed to go down a bit!

On 2/14/2024 at 7:27 AM, Fish Enthusiast said:

For the skinny betta. He’s still refusing food. I don’t think he’s going to make it. I have him on expel P and he doesn’t seem to get any better. He has. A desire to eat but always spits it out. It’s strange.

update on the blind betta. He’s doing really well and is thriving. And his eye swelling seemed to go down a bit!

When they spit food out it's usually due to the irritation of the throat caused by a parasite I would keep treating with expel p I would try offering live or frozen brine shrimp daphnia blood worms if you aren't already doing that to try and simulate his appetite