I need a quiet airstone

I find that the Easy Flow is nice and quiet, and if you don't want the directional flow you can just take that part off (I've got it set up that way in a couple tanks), but with the directional piece it's even quieter.

• Thanks 1

If you want something quiet and aesthetic that support aeration, less splashes, quiet;

you can check Neo air diffusers.

Some negatives from my experience: less surface agitation but much much finer bubbles so Idk how is oxygenation in comparison is to normal airstone,

clogging issue-it is white and green spot algae loved it in my case. I did not like clogging/algae cleaning part myself so I am not using it

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:52 AM, Guppy Lover said:

Are you using a sponge filter? 

No. It's just a little 5 gallon aqueon filter that came with the tank. The air stone is an add-on I put in there but I just get annoyed with how noisy it gets after a couple of weeks.

On 2/5/2024 at 9:48 AM, Pepere said:

Do you have had water?

if so cleaning the felts in vinegar could dissolve deposits.

No, actually quite the opposite. Our water is pretty soft.

On 2/5/2024 at 9:22 AM, MattyM said:

I don't think I've ever cleaned mine and it's right next to my desk (also a betta tank) - can you post a video of the sound? 

I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know if the attachment will come through. I have the adjustment down as tight as I can get it and I still can't quiet it or lessen the amount of bubbles. It's powered by a little Hygger pump meant for small tanks.  (Edit: I don't know how to convert the video I took on my iPhone that is accepted here so that's why there's no video.)

Edited by Herefishie
Additional info

Make a bleed valve to bleed off air as what is shown in the video above. By turning the two pieces tighter, all it does is make the bubbles finer. I have had Ziss air stones for years, and have never cleaned them, just replaced the felt pieces after a couple of years dues to my hard water. 

• Thanks 1