MOLD

Helpwithmy_snailpls

Someone please help me there mold in my betta fish filter and there might be some on the plants I have no idea what to do I was in the mold of cleaning that tank when I saw it what do I do is it bad?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Someone please tell me what to do right now the tank is open because I was cleaning it

Anyone please please

I understand your panic, but I don't see anything in the pictures that would be of any concern. Just looks like a normal aging tank. The white is mineral deposits from your water. 

The plant appears to have algae, that you can clean off, or not, either way it will be fine and will not harm your tank or fish.

• Like 1

You can clean the filter in the sink, just make sure you don't put any significant amount of that water in the tank, empty the filter- doesn't even need to be dry. As long as you're using water conditioner it won't hurt the tank. NO soap. Just water and your hand is fine. 

Old water is the standard answer, but honestly either will work. Chlorine takes some time to kill off your beneficial bacteria. But would just brush it off and reuse. Some people want to dismantle and polish, that's unnecessary

• Like 1

Yea as @Tony s says most would say use old water and that's a safe bet. But I can say from experience I've never had an issue with cleaning filters, hang on backs or sponge filters, with water from the tap (I make sure there's not much on the item and a few drops aren't going to hurt when you're using water conditioner, as evidenced by the fact that people fill tanks with hoses). If you want to be extra cautious you can do exactly as @Tony s says!

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX

Personally I think there is nothing in your tank that will harm your fish. The white on the dry parts of your tank are likely from water deposits and are NOT harmful. Not easy to get off. In that case only a razor blade or maybe magic eraser (again unscented ONLY) will get it off. It might be ugly but it will be fine.

• Like 1