Fluval 307 question

ND1990

Just set up a 10 shallow, I had an old 307 from 21’ and put that on it, over kill I know, but I have it. Haven’t used the clear tubes yet and put in a new sponges. I see this on the out take tube, also seems to be making a tiny amount of bubbly noises randomly, just curious if it’s because of the new sponges and hasn’t ran in 2 years? 

IMG_0381.jpeg

• Like 1

Basically something is causing microbubbles.  Check the seals on everything, add some 100% silicone grease to the O Rings and then check for pinholes.  Check the pump/impeller and make sure air isn't getting into the filter somehow.  It's on the output hose or the input hose?

Of note, the lid of the x07 canisters fills with water and it just means it takes a little while to purge the air out.  I've never seen that before on mine, but I do hear air hit the impeller quite a bit at times.

On 1/25/2024 at 11:09 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Basically something is causing microbubbles.  Check the seals on everything, add some 100% silicone grease to the O Rings and then check for pinholes.  Check the pump/impeller and make sure air isn't getting into the filter somehow.  It's on the output hose or the input hose?

Of note, the lid of the x07 canisters fills with water and it just means it takes a little while to purge the air out.  I've never seen that before on mine, but I do hear air hit the impeller quite a bit at times.

All good, I believe it was just the new filter media no more bubbles this morning. Haha a little impatient on my part there. 

On 1/26/2024 at 4:15 AM, ND1990 said:

All good, I believe it was just the new filter media no more bubbles this morning. Haha a little impatient on my part there. 

It's weird right!  Next time you set one up, rinse the media pretty good in the yard or something and then set it in a bucket to absorb a little bit. If the media was dirty, just go ahead and double check the impeller and stuff.

Glad it's better!

On 1/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

It's weird right!  Next time you set one up, rinse the media pretty good in the yard or something and then set it in a bucket to absorb a little bit. If the media was dirty, just go ahead and double check the impeller and stuff.

Glad it's better!

I always pre-rinse. 

thanks 

• Like 1