Next idea for 55 gal

BIRD0887

I currently have my goldfish in my 55 gal octagon, but they r moving to a 75 next month. I want to do yellow labs, but I'd like to offset them w a fish that is black( I am from Pittsburgh) lol...ne good tank mates for yellow labs that r black??

Yellow lab males get black fins as they mature.  That 55 octagon is a really oddball footprint with very little "floor space", I don't know how well a colony of labs would be in there longterm.  I wonder if they would use more vertical space if there was a cragy rock structure going up the middle with various hides.

@jwcarlson i rly like the octagon but like you said not much room truelly...i may be buying 2 more 55 gal setups that arent octagon, so i may have a few choices for homes...i was thinking of doing a more natural looking tank, with wood and plants.

• Like 1

John Hudson at kgtropicals (youtube) has a large tank with only yellow labs. looks amazing. lots of rock work. not sure you can do plants with labs, they a small mbunas. so they are plant diggers and eaters. but oh so cool looking