Python Siphon problems?

Mercfh

So im curious if anyone else has this problem. I feel like the python works well BUT If I EVER lose flow at any point (by removing the vac from the water) I basically lose 50% of my flow.

To get the suction back i'll have to pull down on the thing that lets you change it from suction to adding water. I know I have good pressure but im curious if anyone else had similar issues?

It felt like once you remove the vaccum part from the water it's impossible to get back to your original flow (I mean after that I BARELY have enough flow to even suck up poop/etc...)

I've found also when i go tank to tank i'll walk the hose back to the sink clear all the water out of the hose then start in the next tank, if theres still water in the hose it creates like an air lock and wont start the siphon again. 

On 1/15/2024 at 11:45 AM, govsfabshop said:

I've found also when i go tank to tank i'll walk the hose back to the sink clear all the water out of the hose then start in the next tank, if theres still water in the hose it creates like an air lock and wont start the siphon again. 

Thats kinda what happens. The "Initial" suction works great but soon as I lift it out of the tank to change sides it goes down to terrible suction.

I do wonder if I am doing something wrong, because I don't use either of the white "washers" that come with it. I unscrew my aerator from my sink and screw in the "smaller" brass threaded portion (it goes "inside" the hole in the sink where the aerator was), however it will NOT fit with the washer for some reason in it. I wonder if not having the washer causes some air leakage or something.

I do notice if I pull down on the green T shaped part that goes on the sink (Like the part you turn to make it either suck or push water) it seems to help the suction somehow. So I almost wonder if there is an air leak.

Edited by Mercfh

Note that the flow rate will be determined by the distance between the water level and the sink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon#Velocity

The velocity of the siphon is thus driven solely by the height difference between the surface of the upper reservoir and the drain point. 

If you are emptying the tank into a sink almost at the same level, it will be slow.

Edited by Galabar