Panda cory

Sweetpickles

I am not a fish breeder. I'm just very excited to find new life in my 20gal! Last Friday I was peering into my little eco system and saw some swift movement.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! Two baby corydoras!! I have 3 adults. 1 of them is probably about 4yrs and the other 2 are only about 1yr. I never expected any babies. I have never seen their eggs. And I have a Panda garra that I was sure would eat any babies. I think it was he that wiped out my shrimp colony. He seems to be leaving the corys alone and they do have little crevices to hide in. I also recently have had one mountain minnow fry survive. 

Just an exited new fish baby momma sharing! 

Screenshot_20240110_082000_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 1/10/2024 at 8:29 AM, Sweetpickles said:

I am not a fish breeder. I'm just very excited to find new life in my 20gal! Last Friday I was peering into my little eco system and saw some swift movement.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! Two baby corydoras!! I have 3 adults. 1 of them is probably about 4yrs and the other 2 are only about 1yr. I never expected any babies. I have never seen their eggs. And I have a Panda garra that I was sure would eat any babies. I think it was he that wiped out my shrimp colony. He seems to be leaving the corys alone and they do have little crevices to hide in. I also recently have had one mountain minnow fry survive. 

Just an exited new fish baby momma sharing! 

Screenshot_20240110_082000_Gallery.jpg

Congrats! It's very exciting when something like that happens 🙂 

• Love 1

On 1/10/2024 at 8:39 AM, Tlindsey said:

Congrats! It's very exciting when something like that happens 🙂 

Thank you!!

Yes it is! I feel like it's verification that I am giving the fish a healthy environment. I hope I am!

Edited by Sweetpickles
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/11/2024 at 6:33 PM, Kurt Brutting said:

That’s awesome congratulations! My Pandas have been BUSY! I’m not trying to breed them at this time and I got 7 new babies swimming around! Super cute and exciting. 

IMG_5189.jpeg

They are adorable!! Probably my favorite fish!! I love watching them look for food! I have peppered Cory's and they seem so shy. Never see them during the day. Congratulations on your babies!!

• Thanks 1