German Blue Ram with white bump on forehead

Shadow

Fish is acting completely normal, starting as a slight pigment discoloration but in a couple days has grown to a lump. Its eating, doing its normal routine, but I cannot get to it to pull the fish as the tank is too heavily stocked and its a juvenile, so still very small. Tank parameters have been off lately due to a KH issue that I have since resolved by preparing my water and doing multi week 50% water changes. Question is, can I medicate the tank or should I let it go until I can catch it without upsetting every fish in the tank. No way to pull hardscape as there are rooted plants around the wood. Ideas? 

Tried getting a pic but its too freaked out and hiding thanks to me trying to pull it to a QT tank. It and its 2 other friends are hiding inside the wood centerpiece. 

@Colu @Odd Duck Hexamita? 

• Like 1

Hexamita doesn’t usually cause a lump, more typically ulcerated or eroded areas, but if there’s no catching and no possibility of closer inspection I would use the Metroplex added to Repashy if you can get the fish to eat it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:38 AM, Odd Duck said:

Hexamita doesn’t usually cause a lump, more typically ulcerated or eroded areas, but if there’s no catching and no possibility of closer inspection I would use the Metroplex added to Repashy if you can get the fish to eat it.

Thanks! I will try to sneak a pic when its out, the lil dude is hiding now that I attempted to remove him to the QT tank earlier to no success besides stressing the others out. 🙃

• Like 1