Angelfish eggs removal

Tony s

Hi!  Got myself in a bit of a pickle.

I had 6 juvenile angels in a 75g. community. ended up with 2 breeding pairs, which was fine for a year. mildly territorial until one of the females switched partners. Then that male who was peaceful, became something of a murder missile. unpaired angles are out of tank. Praecox are leaving.  They even went so far as to push the other pair to the opposite side from where they had been laying their eggs for a year.

And then they promptly laid eggs on the fx2 canister intake (on the side of the grate). Have always been very nervous about removing the eggs. But have no choice at this point. As soon as they become wigglers, they're going to be toast. 

Have an in-tank breeder box, but how do you safely move them.

Have only had a couple of batches of surface swimming fry. And am very sure the praecox had them for lunch. (another reason they had to change tanks). So how do I keep them alive and growing? 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 1:14 PM, Tony s said:

Hi!  Got myself in a bit of a pickle.

I had 6 juvenile angels in a 75g. community. ended up with 2 breeding pairs, which was fine for a year. mildly territorial until one of the females switched partners. Then that male who was peaceful, became something of a murder missile. unpaired angles are out of tank. Praecox are leaving.  They even went so far as to push the other pair to the opposite side from where they had been laying their eggs for a year.

And then they promptly laid eggs on the fx2 canister intake (on the side of the grate). Have always been very nervous about removing the eggs. But have no choice at this point. As soon as they become wigglers, they're going to be toast. 

Have an in-tank breeder box, but how do you safely move them.

Have only had a couple of batches of surface swimming fry. And am very sure the praecox had them for lunch. (another reason they had to change tanks). So how do I keep them alive and growing? 

Can you disassemble the tubing? If you can drop that into a safe space, they’ll hatch in a few days, fall off, and you can put it back. It’s good if you can keep them in the same water they were spawned in.

Okay. was going to have to turn it off to move them. never dawned on me to leave it off until they hatched. I may even have a round prefilter sponge around somewhere to protect the parent angels

• Like 1