Anyone know where to get these lid parts?

govsfabshop

Ended up with a bunch of old misc. lid pieces from a store that was closing down, was able to make everything work on my 125 but would like to find new and all black pieces, have no idea what they are called and really havent found anything. Its the brown and black pieces in the photo, they slide over the glass so the lid has something to sit on. Father in law said this was real common back in the day for tanks without center braces (as my 125 is) but he cant recall what they are either. 

20231124_171723.jpg

20231126_144707.jpg

Edited by govsfabshop

You can try painting the pieces if you are unable to find a replacement.  Especially having them above the water as oppose to in the water it might give you a better chance of alleviating any concerns or issues.  Simply betta has a ton of videos on painting things for her tanks.

As far as what those things are and where you would find them, I think your best bet might be mcmaster-carr or home depot / lowes.  They look like a generic "channel" and you would use them in various industries with glass.  The specific dimensions or spec sheet would be helpful to give you a part number to track down, maybe there is one stamped on the parts themselves?  That being said I'll try to link below the closest I could find.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Thermoclear-1-4-in-x-96-in-x-1-4-in-6mm-Thermoclear-Polycarbonate-Multi-Wall-U-Channel-PCTWU-6MM/205202529

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Thermoclear-2-in-x-96-in-x-1-4-in-6mm-Polycarbonate-Multi-Wall-H-Channel-PCTWH-6MM/205202532

• Like 1