Betta breeding

Fishkeeper1010

Hi guys I need suggestions to what kind of betta I should breed with this koi plakat male. 

Female koi bettas are quite hard to find and I don’t want any cellophanes from the spawn so I was wondering if I could spawn him with just a plain white halfmoon female. I ideally want some koi marbles as well as maybe a couple of fancy bicolour. 

If I cross a halfmoon with a plakat, ive heard that the offspring will have unbalanced fins, is that true?

Any idea what the offspring would look like? 

6F1FC535-9AEC-4E21-94D3-9DB3FA322CC6.jpeg

AC87513B-01B4-46AD-AF00-230F5973E93B.jpeg

Everything depends on your goals. Are you just trying to breed Bettas? Or are you selectively breeding for a particular result? Are you ready to rase all of the fry properly? Do you have micro live foods already prepared?

If you are really ready, and have your goals totally zeroed in, you are ready. I have ordered Bettas in US from here. It will cost you, but plenty of Plakat Koi females are available. 

Yes, I have a daphnia culture thriving, brine shrimp available to hatch out, a spare 20 gallon tank, with a cycled filter. I don’t have any goals but to raise healthy fry and it’s all about the enjoyment from the experience.

I mainly want koi bettas and colourful multi coloured fish.

Any idea what a white female will produce?