Future plans for my 20 gallon tank

Natalie is new

I have some pogostemon stel. oct,  a red tiger lily, Java ferns, another frilly fern dwarf sag, red root floaters that are melting away as we speak,  and I just dropped a new cutting of my philodendron brazil in to grow from the top. It doesn't have any roots yet though. I'm going to add more long plants in back.

Edited by Natalie is new

On 12/8/2023 at 4:17 AM, Natalie is new said:

I have some pogostemon stel. oct,  a red tiger lily, Java ferns, another frilly fern dwarf sag, red root floaters that are melting away as we speak,

PSO will definitely "out compete" other slower plants like the lily or fern.  I've had it choke out dwarf sag as well.  Between the floaters and the PSO, I can see a lot of those two doing a lot of growing and pushing nutrients away from other plants.

I would imagine that if you keep the PSO in check, keep the floaters from blocking out the other plants, then you'll have a really developed planted ecosystem. 

I can't really chime in about the fish, but I don't see any issues with adding a gourami to the group.  Adding "some nano fish" might be fine, but just keep it in the temp range that fits for all of the fish.

Panda would be "cooler" which would be rasbora, minnows, danio, or barbs, but I am unsure what a gourami needs! 😞

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Thanks 1