Honey gourami question

Natalie is new

I have so many bladder snails in my fish tank. It reminds me of a tick infestation. I read somewhere on the internet that Honey Gouramis will snack on small snails. Can anyone offer their insight or experience with this? I don't expect them to fix the issue, but it would be nice to have some help from the inside.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Mine do not eat snails. Maybe new hatched ones. 
If your infestation is that bad you are overfeeding by quite a bit. They only reproduce to the amount of food available to them. They die off when food is restricted. That is how nature designed this cleanup creature. More to clean means more babies. 
Vacuum your substrate thoroughly. Cut back and only feed 1/4 of what you are currently feeding. Ideal fish feeding means there should be nothing left to rot on the floor. 
Some bladder snails are good for ecosystems.  Too many pollute the water and substrate. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I had an infestation before I even had fish, to be honest. I guess I'll just keep trying to scoop them out. I bought a tool for it. I left a repashy cube down for my panda corydoras once, but it just ended up being snail food. I'm not doing that again.  😆 

Edit* I think my algae was feeding them. That's under control now, so maybe they will die back.

Edited by Natalie is new