What fish to add to the rack?

JBeehler

I have a rack of tanks with a few empty tanks. I currently have a few 10 gallon tanks empty. 

I love seeing baby fish and I have a local pet store I wholesale the fish to. I want easy fish. The leave it and come back to babies type as I am in school for the next year and time is limited. Currently have 12 strains of guppies, multi shell dwellers, Taisho swanke koi swordtails, some gold mollies, and a pair of Mickey Mouse platies that may not be a pair… waiting to see. Are there any other neat or interesting fish I should get? Or should I just get more strains of guppies?(I do love guppies!)

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 7:06 AM, JBeehler said:

in school for the next year and time is limited. 

I assume you have someone reliable to take care of the fish while you're away at school. 

On 12/2/2023 at 7:06 AM, JBeehler said:

more strains of guppies. 

Yes 

It’s local school but while he semester is going I work 58 hours a week and go to school from 530-830ish Monday through Thursday. I get my water changes in and feed tanks but that is about all the time I have, at least until the auto water change system for the rack is done. That will free up an hour and a half or so. I want to try keeping live food/brine shrimp but haven’t got that far yet and worried of the time commitment.

I may just track down more strains. 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:24 AM, Tlindsey said:

I assume you have someone reliable to take care of the fish while you're away at school. 

Yes 

Tlindsey from monsterfishkeepers, howdy! 

• Thanks 1

Is there a compiled list of colors, fins, etc? Breed like colors and fin types to keep true like guppies?

I have a green dragon/phantom that is full size that was given to me, super reds that I assume are female and a few different lemon blue eyes of different fin types. Just haven’t sexed any of the lemons out and. Keep them all separated currently

edit: googling now. 

Edited by JBeehler

• 2 weeks later...