Fish face is looking abnormal.

sharkstitches

On 11/30/2023 at 12:47 AM, sharkstitches said:

I'm going to start adding melicure. Hope it gets better. 

A little more information would be helpful what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature how long has the faced had the issue with it's face is it eating ok any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface 

• Like 1

I couldn't test it earlier had to run my son to gymnastics. However I just tested it with what I could.

Nitrate between 0-20 ppm closer to zero

Nitrite 0 ppm

GH between 0 and 25 closer to zero

KH between 180 and 300 ppm closed to 300

PH 8.4 or higher

Ammonia between 0 and .5 closer to zero.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly when it started with the holiday I've been really busy so I've been feeding and just kinda glancing making sure they are swimming and they were acting normal. He (lieutenant) had been harassing my other fish (Callie) but other than that I haven't noticed any difference in behavior. I'm just really upset because I just lost my other fish (Sonny) due to an internal parasite and I lost him because I just didn't know the signs. I drove back to the fish store and they helped me after seeing a video of him and testing my water but unfortunately it was too late and he passed on and is buried. I am feeling so horrible and was about to give up on the hobby because I feel like I'm just hurting my pets because I don't know enough and there's no help anywhere near me. Finding info on the web is hard too because there's sooo many things it could be I feel like I'm on web MD for a headache and walking away thinking I have a tumor. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:43 AM, sharkstitches said:

I couldn't test it earlier had to run my son to gymnastics. However I just tested it with what I could.

Nitrate between 0-20 ppm closer to zero

Nitrite 0 ppm

GH between 0 and 25 closer to zero

KH between 180 and 300 ppm closed to 300

PH 8.4 or higher

Ammonia between 0 and .5 closer to zero.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly when it started with the holiday I've been really busy so I've been feeding and just kinda glancing making sure they are swimming and they were acting normal. He (lieutenant) had been harassing my other fish (Callie) but other than that I haven't noticed any difference in behavior. I'm just really upset because I just lost my other fish (Sonny) due to an internal parasite and I lost him because I just didn't know the signs. I drove back to the fish store and they helped me after seeing a video of him and testing my water but unfortunately it was too late and he passed on and is buried. I am feeling so horrible and was about to give up on the hobby because I feel like I'm just hurting my pets because I don't know enough and there's no help anywhere near me. Finding info on the web is hard too because there's sooo many things it could be I feel like I'm on web MD for a headache and walking away thinking I have a tumor. 

Possible bacterial infections causing the changes to the head what I would do is treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons and do a course of kanaplex or maracyn2 which ever one is more readily available give an update if your seeing no improvement after 7 days 

• Like 1