Dying panda Cory — help!

Zeaqua

Hi all. A few days ago, I bought a panda Cory from my local pet store. It didn’t seem like it was doing great, so i decided to see if I could get it back to health. Well today, I notice it not moving and upside down. Assuming it’s dead, I tried to fish it out, but it scooted away. Right now I have it in a specimen container with an air stone. Could meth. blue, salt, or some other med help it? 
Amonia/nitrite are at 0, nitrate is at 10ppm.

Ph, 7.2 water is at 76f.

Thanks for any advice I may get.

IMG_0828.jpeg

• Sad 1

There is a little fuzz on the dorsal. I think a lot of the time with corydoras your going to run into bacterial issues.  I would recommend using maracyn 2 or kanaplex (either one) with a little bit of aquarium salt.

Given what's going on and the state of the fish, it might be best to take it slow and steady.  A little bit of salt (1 tbsp per 3 gallons) and just use a lot of good oxygenation for the fish.  Given the swimming issues it could have been physically damaged and not able to balance itself upright.  That just means that using a breeder box or something that gets the fish closer to the surface is best.  Even moving the fish from a big tank to a smaller tank like a 5-10G would be a good idea as well if you have the filtration for it!

It might be an injury that isn't recoverable.  I wish you the absolute best. 

There are people on the forums that do have panda corydoras and will ship them to you!  Just keep that in mind.  when you reach 50 posts the buy/sell/trade section opens up.

On 11/28/2023 at 5:22 PM, Zeaqua said:

Ph, 7.2 water is at 76f.

Lower the temp if you can to 74 degrees.  It's a small shift, but it does help with stress (pandas like it a little cooler, 72-74) and that lets the water hold more oxygen.