Wound, fungus, disease?

tolstoy21

@jwcarlson Thanks for the reply. 

After a little bit of research, if its not a wound, it looks a lot like lymphocystis disease. There is actually a patch of this on the other side of the fish as well. It dosen't look as bad as the pics in a google image search, but it does look like it. It's hard for me to tell at this moment if this patch is a puncture or tear, or if it's a growth more like a tumor bulging out from underneath the scales.

Either way, it's isolated for the time being sitting in a tank with some Maracyn. Not sure if that's the correct treatment since I don't know what the patch is, but I figured if it is an infection of some sort this will hopefully head that off.

• Like 1

Looking at the pictures it could be caused by a bacterial infection the fact it has the spot in the seem place on both sides something else could be going like a growth that's showing on both sides of your fish I would also add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons gives update after you've finished your course of maracyn or before then if it gets worse @tolstoy21