African Dwarf Frog Tadpoles Relocate

RichNJ

I have about 10-12 tadpoles in a breeder basket.  They are one week old.  I’d like to move them to a grow out tank in about a week.  What is the safest way of doing this?  I was thinking about just lifting the breeder box into a bucket with tank water and then drip acclimate from there.  After acclimated I was planning on lifting the basket out of the bucket and put it in the grow out tank.  The grow out take will have lower nitrates (but same Ph) so don’t want to shock them too much.  I also want to move them safely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations 🎉 

I made sure my grow out tank was the same temp/ph as my main tank. I used a shrimp net and just netted them and dropped them in the grow out. The grow out was in the other fishroom so I had to walk them over. They are sturdy little cutie pies ❤️

This was a week or maybe 2 after I netted them to the grow out. The link in my signage shows these kids growing out  as tiny tads I used sera micron as larger tads with tails live bbs was my best go to. As soon as they were large enough I switched them to grindle worms  

On 11/18/2023 at 7:12 AM, RichNJ said:

I have about 10-12 tadpoles in a breeder basket.  They are one week old.  I’d like to move them to a grow out tank in about a week.  What is the safest way of doing this?  I was thinking about just lifting the breeder box into a bucket with tank water and then drip acclimate from there.  After acclimated I was planning on lifting the basket out of the bucket and put it in the grow out tank.  The grow out take will have lower nitrates (but same Ph) so don’t want to shock them too much.  I also want to move them safely. 

Congrats that's awesome.