Ph: 7.4

Gh: 200

Kh: 100

Nitrate: 10

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0

Phosphate: 0.5-1

Temp: 76 F

I have a red eye tetra that looks like it may have some septicemia in an isolated location underneath the right fin. Although it looks like if faded 30 mins to a hour since feeding this morning. I have kanaplex on hand, with one of my plans is to isolate the fish in a hospital net and feed medicated food with Colu's feeding instructions. 

The fish is behaving normally otherwise, eating regularly, hanging out with the school in their normal locations with no other problems detected. Do you think this is septicemia or is it something else?

20231117_114548_exported_35724.jpg

20231117_104345.jpg

20231117_114109.jpg

Edited by Stroy15

On 11/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, Kaiju said:

In the first picture, do they all swim tilted like that or is it just an angled picture?

I think it's due to the geometry of the tank because that is the back wall with black background so there's nothing to see so they tilt themselves to look at the surface. They don't tilt themselves in other spots of the tank.

Edited by Stroy15

On 11/17/2023 at 5:19 PM, Stroy15 said:

Ph: 7.4

Gh: 200

Kh: 100

Nitrate: 10

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0

Phosphate: 0.5-1

Temp: 76 F

I have a red eye tetra that looks like it may have some septicemia in an isolated location underneath the right fin. Although it looks like if faded 30 mins to a hour since feeding this morning. I have kanaplex on hand, with one of my plans is to isolate the fish in a hospital net and feed medicated food with Colu's feeding instructions. 

The fish is behaving normally otherwise, eating regularly, hanging out with the school in their normal locations with no other problems detected. Do you think this is septicemia or is it something else?

20231117_114548_exported_35724.jpg

20231117_104345.jpg

20231117_114109.jpg

It could be an injury I don't think that's septicemia what I would do is  monitor for a couple of days and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons I have stop  recommending using kanaplex in food it's poorly absorbed by the gut so very little gets into the blood stream 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Colu said:

It could be an injury I don't think that's septicemia what I would do is  monitor for a couple of days and add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons I have stop  recommending using kanaplex in food it's poorly absorbed by the gut so very little gets into the blood stream 

Ok then, Thank you very much. I'll report any changes.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Colu said:

I have a question, I have two kuhli Loaches in the tank and I was raising the salinity levels in stages, would salt of around current 10 tbsp in a 45 gallon tank (around 4 gallons per tablespoon) negatively effect them as they are a scaleless fish? 

Edited by Stroy15

On 11/21/2023 at 2:47 AM, Stroy15 said:

I have a question, I have two kuhli Loaches in the tank and I was raising the salinity levels in stages, would salt of around current 10 tbsp in a 45 gallon tank (around 4 gallons per tablespoon) negatively effect them as they are a scaleless fish? 

I wouldn't go above that level with loach I like to stick to 1 table spoon for 5 gallons 

• Thanks 1