My guppy has bubbles on his fins

Khi

My guppy has what appear to be bubbles or blisters on his fins. He’s had them for months at this point. I‘ve tried to get help with this previously, but never got any answers. My water parameters are normal or within range of what they should be. He acts completely normal. He is looking a little bloated today I think, but acting totally fine. Any ideas on what the bubbles could be? 

42595755-5D2D-4AD0-BB9E-6C9489C2273C.jpeg

0D4A78BA-B1C3-4206-B42E-A6963CC990A9.jpeg

On 11/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, Colu said:

What exactly are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature how long has it had these lumps and have they got worse over time or stayed the same is it eating ok @Khi

Ammonia - 0ppm

nitrite - 0ppm

pH - 7.2

nitrate - 10ppm

KH - 3 dkh 

GH - 5 dgh

temp - 77 F

I want to say he’s had them for at least 4 months. Like I said, I tried to get some answers before, but nobody really knew. They haven’t seemed to have gotten worse, but today I noticed one on his dorsal fin for the first time. He eats just fine. 

On 11/12/2023 at 5:48 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m moving this topic to diseases where it will get the proper attention. 

👍🏻

Edited by Khi

On 11/12/2023 at 10:55 PM, Khi said:

Ammonia - 0ppm

nitrite - 0ppm

pH - 7.2

nitrate - 10ppm

KH - 3 dkh 

GH - 5 dgh

temp - 77 F

I want to say he’s had them for at least 4 months. Like I said, I tried to get some answers before, but nobody really knew. They haven’t seemed to have gotten worse, but today I noticed one on his dorsal fin for the first time. He eats just fine. 

👍🏻

Your KH and GH are low for guppies I would add some crushed coral in a media bag to your filter or you can mix it into your substrate to help increase your GH and KH what I would do if you can is quarantine the guppy with the lumps on it's fins and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for weeks it could be  lymphocystis that a viral infections there no treatment 

On 11/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, Colu said:

Your KH and GH are low for guppies I would add some crushed coral in a media bag to your filter or you can mix it into your substrate to help increase your GH and KH what I would do if you can is quarantine the guppy with the lumps on it's fins and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for weeks it could be  lymphocystis that a viral infections there no treatment 

I just added crushed coral about two weeks ago. The KH was 0. It’s slowly going up. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:19 PM, Colu said:

If you don't have a quarantine tank I would treat with a lower level of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants 

I have a quarantine tank, but it’s currently being used for some new fish. Not sure I want to add aquarium salt to my tank, with my corydoras in there. 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:22 AM, Khi said:

I have a quarantine tank, but it’s currently being used for some new fish. Not sure I want to add aquarium salt to my tank, with my corydoras in there. 

1 table spoon for 5 gallons of salt is fine use with Cory's  it's not getting worse you could wait till the other fish have finished quarantine and then treat him in the quarantine tank 

On 11/12/2023 at 7:24 PM, Colu said:

1 table spoon for 5 gallons of salt is fine use with Cory's  it's not getting worse you could wait till the other fish have finished quarantine and then treat him in the quarantine tank 

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ve never heard of lymphocystis until now. Just looked it up, and it doesn’t quite look like it’s described, but I honestly wouldn’t know. If it was lymphocystis, would he have survived this long with it? 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:26 AM, Khi said:

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ve never heard of lymphocystis until now. Just looked it up, and it doesn’t quite look like it’s described, but I honestly wouldn’t know. If it was lymphocystis, would he have survived this long with it? 

Mortality rates are low with fish suffering from lymphocystis