Large lump on Endler’s abdomen

Kori

I have 2 endlers right now in a 5 gallon tank in addition to one other sucker fish. The yellow endler seems to have sprouted a lump/tumor? overnight. 

I don’t have any kind of heater so my guess is the temperature is about 65-70 Fahrenheit. I have had the tank with these fish for about 7 months and have fed them the same food. I’m not sure what to do as I’m a somewhat new fish owner and could use help

The tanks levels are: 

pH- 8

nitrate- 0

nitrite- 0

hardness- 25

ammonia- 0

IMG_9299.jpeg

On 11/8/2023 at 3:26 AM, Kori said:

I have 2 endlers right now in a 5 gallon tank in addition to one other sucker fish. The yellow endler seems to have sprouted a lump/tumor? overnight. 

I don’t have any kind of heater so my guess is the temperature is about 65-70 Fahrenheit. I have had the tank with these fish for about 7 months and have fed them the same food. I’m not sure what to do as I’m a somewhat new fish owner and could use help

The tanks levels are: 

pH- 8

nitrate- 0

nitrite- 0

hardness- 25

ammonia- 0

IMG_9299.jpeg

It could be caused by constipation as it's come on over night have you notice it pass anything what are you feeding and how often what I would do is fast for a couple of days and do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help with  constipation 

Edited by Colu