How to get Salt n Pepper Corys to breed?

Potaqua

Updated,

I kinda of just left the tank to just go wild and green. I add a few frogbit and parameters are good. 

Weeks later, while I was doing fishroom maintenance, out of no where they started to T-shape each other and doing the mating ritual. I was like wth? So water changes didnt work, pH change didn't work, and temperature change didn't work. But just leaving them, doing nothing and letting the tank go wild cause a trigger. Idk what trigger their breeding?

Now im stuck ponding how am I gonna find their eggs in this green water. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

20231121_173836.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Update,

Still no eggs, separate the adults from the tank, but no babies and no eggs. Added them back into the tank.

I have recently try 90% water change with cold water. I check all the added plants in the tank. I didnt see any eggs. Now im doubting that I have a male out of the 7 that I have or im just having bad luck. 🥲😔

• 3 months later...

Update,

I FINALLY HAVE EGGS AND BABIES!

I was doing some spring tank cleaning today and found few eggs on plants. Im pretty confident there are more somewhere in the tank. 

I think the problem was the females weren't mature just yet. The females have double in size since my last update.

• Like 1
  • Love 2