Tank Setup to Breed any egg-scattering fish?

rgb_aquarium

On 11/8/2023 at 8:38 AM, rgb_aquarium said:

I use 10x10 PVC Expanded Sheet on Amazon. It fit perfectly on a 10 gallon. No cutting requires.

Yeah I was looking at that thinking that it looked perfect for the vertical walls. Me likes! You could use the matter filter for the wall side in the fry area, just to give you more filter surface for beneficial bacteria and mechanical filtration. The PVC sheet in the front will ensure the flow goes in a single direction, towards the fry chamber.

On 11/8/2023 at 5:25 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I found that concept really interesting. Do you think it would be possible to build without glass & stuff? 

If you look up flip aquatics filters, you can mod the sponge that they use and not have to add in any glass. 2" sponge or 1-1/2" sponge works well to be a wall of sorts. You can glue foam together, but that might not be the best solution given the chemicals. You can also get something like a hot knife to cut the foam and that would make it easier to get.the shape you need. Starting with a thicker piece and just "butterfly it" so to speak so you can mold it a bit. Matalla mats and foam is also another option.

• Like 1