15g project

JoeQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Flash update! Nothing special, just comparing the new phones camera to the previous pictures.

I'm actually ashamed of this tank.... It's admittedly the most neglected of the bunch. 

20240207_192015.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 7:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

Fish have zero sense of interior decoration.  They have plants that’s all they care about.

Speaking of plants. How is the little crypt that could doing?

It's more a matter of pride...... that tank is at the end of the house. Everyone sees it when they come up the hallway or enter the front door on their way to the kitchen/ dining room or den :( 😞.  

As for the little crypt she's recovering...... We had a little run in with peroxide over the Christmas holiday. She got moved to the main tank for a little co2 therapy and I think she'll recover well but it set her back a good 3~4 months. I'll post a picture tomorrow as my lights are off

Edited by JoeQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

Speaking of plants. How is the little crypt that could doing?

Here is the little crypt, battered but not yet ready to call it quits! That big leaf is new growth after the peroxide incident.

20240208_130757.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/8/2024 at 2:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

She is a fighter. She will someday outshine them all. 🥰

Hopefully she will be the center piece plants for this tank. I think I want to make it a low light, low maintenance crypt tank

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, JoeQ said:

Special thanks go to @TheSwissAquarist who helped me track down something called an aquarium mat! (who knew there was even such a thing!) 

Isn't that a rimmed tank, why the need for the mat?  I know the rimless tanks use them.   

On 6/2/2024 at 9:15 PM, johnnyxxl said:

Isn't that a rimmed tank, why the need for the mat?  I know the rimless tanks use them.   

Furniture protection mostly, but it also makes for a nicer presentation. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 6:06 PM, Rychek said:

What kind of guppies are those?  Anything in particular or just assorted?

Just mutt assorted guppies, ill post up the mother and father in a bit. They should be good looking guppies. 

Edited by JoeQ
  • Like 1

Tank still looks like crap.

Zoom in to see the results of my neglect!!! 😂

Besides that, filter plates in, 3 hours well wasted. Substrate will be added eventually........

20240608_134323.jpg

On 6/8/2024 at 6:32 PM, Rychek said:

Looks good to me!  Those guppies look nice too.

Thanks, if I knew I was going to do a complete demolition /rebuild I would have taken before pictures. The tank was much like the previous status update, bare bottom, scattered crushed coral, piles of lava rock. Just with a lot more crud & algae covered plants.

In a few weeks ill put substrate down and get the ugf going but for now my concern was with trapping too many babies.

Also thanks for the compliment on the guppies. I can't wait to see the results of this batch!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...