Hygger 957 Light programming questions

svachon9

I'm thinking of purchasing this.  The programming seems a bit dicey however.  It appears to be programmable for only an on and then off time.  So I cannot have it go on for 2 hr in the morning, shut off and then come back on for 8 hrs in the afternoon.  Is that correct?

Second question- Say I have it programmed for say 1 pm to 10pm and I manually turn it on to feed in the morning for 15 minutes and then manual shut it off, does this mess up the auto program from 1 to 10?

On 10/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, svachon9 said:

So I cannot have it go on for 2 hr in the morning, shut off and then come back on for 8 hrs in the afternoon.  Is that correct?

Correct. Once it's on, it's on and will continue for the duration.  There is no on-off-on cycle that it will perform within the same day.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, svachon9 said:

Second question- Say I have it programmed for say 1 pm to 10pm and I manually turn it on to feed in the morning for 15 minutes and then manual shut it off, does this mess up the auto program from 1 to 10?

Yes.  Manual shutoffs will cause the timer to "forget" the previous settings.  

You may wish to use a light with a simple on-off switch along with the Kasa Wi-fi Light Timer for more control. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/kasa-wifi-light-timer

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

Does the Hygger Smart work this way also?  In other words if I manually turn it on and off at 7am, it won't remember the timer and intensity settings for later in the day? Or better yet can I set 2 different times a day to turn off and on?  It however says in the Q/A that it's not designed for higher tanks and plants.

Also is there an affordable light I can use on a timer for plants that you'd recommend?  Nicrew is only $70?

Edited by svachon9

On 10/19/2023 at 10:26 AM, svachon9 said:

Does the Hygger Smart work this way also?  In other words if I manually turn it on and off at 7am, it won't remember the timer and intensity settings for later in the day? Or better yet can I set 2 different times a day to turn off and on?

Also is there an affordable light I can use on a timer for plants that you'd recommend?  Nicrew is only $70?

I can only speak to the Hygger 957.  I have those on all my tanks.  Here is a blog post that may help to determine what you'd need in a plant lighthttps://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/how-to-pick-the-best-planted-aquarium-light?_pos=1&_sid=27d47068e&_ss=r

@Mmiller2001 or @Seattle_Aquarist may be able to help as well, as they are very good with keeping plants.

Hi @svachon9,

I use Fluval 3.0 for all of my tanks except the 10 gallon ones and they are not "affordable" based upon the initial cost however they are programmable for two photoperiods per 24 hours, ramp up and ramp down colors independently, you can adjust the various color channels (Red/Pink, Blue, Cool White, Pure White, and Warm White) so you can adjust the light to your tastes, waterproof to IP 67 standards, very good PAR values, and a 3 year warranty,.  -Roy

45 gallon tall (24" high")
2022-03-1845GallonMklasioensisCatropersonatusCroppedAdjSnSm.jpg.d8c1d38a6bad8068bb7a4c878f06daa3.jpg

Edited by Seattle_Aquarist