Corydora Missing Dorsal Fin

ShineOn75

I don't see any sign of injury.  He doesn't seem sick, he's eating fine, displaying plenty of activity; swimming with his other 8 corys.  Could it be that he's never had a dorsal fin and I just didn't notice it?  I can't see any sign of injury, really odd.  I don't even see any signs that it was there at all.  

pH 7.2

GH 203P PM

KH 40 PPM

0 AMMONIA

0 NITRITE

40 PPM NITRATE 

Screenshot_2023-10-13-16-07-45-92_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Edited by ShineOn75

On 10/13/2023 at 9:12 PM, ShineOn75 said:

I don't see any sign of injury.  He doesn't seem sick, he's eating fine, displaying plenty of activity; swimming with his other 8 corys.  Could it be that he's never had a dorsal fin and I just didn't notice it?  I can't see any sign of injury, really odd.  I don't even see any signs that it was there at all.  

pH 7.2

GH 203P PM

KH 40 PPM

0 AMMONIA

0 NITRITE

40 PPM NITRATE 

Screenshot_2023-10-13-16-07-45-92_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Am not seeing any Redding that would indicate an active infection  fin rot can eat away at the fins it would then turn into body rot am not seeing any indication of that it's an odd one what I would do  if you notice him more lethargic or stop eating or heavy breathing what I would do is do a course of kanaplex just in case there's a bacterial component 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forums.  Yeah that definitely looks genetic and the boney-scales on the fish seem to be not interrupted by fins on where the dorsal should be.  I would move the fish away from the main colony to stop those genes.  (I have one of my corydoras with a similar genetic issue)

Hopefully the fish is eating, no issues, and just enjoying it's life.

On 10/13/2023 at 5:30 PM, Colu said:

Am not seeing any Redding that would indicate an active infection  fin rot can eat away at the fins it would then turn into body rot am not seeing any indication of that it's an odd one what I would do  if you notice him more lethargic or stop eating or heavy breathing what I would do is do a course of kanaplex just in case there's a bacterial component 

I had the same reaction. Before I saw the pic I 100% expected to see signs of rot but there is none. Very interesting. 

• Like 1