Myrio plant

be28ans

Good morning to u all. Have a question if anyone isnt to busy. I bought some Myrio for my nano about a month ago (also i just got the new Fluval nano led about aweek anad ahalf ago for this tank, still playing with the settings about 36%). Should i plant the myrio alittle deeper? In my pic are those roots on the sides ? 

20201114_081937.jpg

Myrio (Myriophyllum sp.) naturally abandons leaves that are further away from the light source. Here is a picture I took on October 5, 2020 on a plant collecting trip of Myrio growing in a garbage choked roadside ditch.

Myriophyllum-5-Oct-2020.png.43f27cf90f1d2c1d742807673a6d66b2.png

You can see in this photo that the Myrio in the wild is doing just what your Myrio is doing in your aquarium.

If you allow it to keep on growing, Myrio also makes for a nice emersed plant too. This is that same Myrio a few weeks later in one of my aquariums.

1167138267_10Nov2020TopDownTuesday.jpg.0

And yes, those are roots on your Myrio. They are called adventitious roots. Many plants do this as a way of collecting nutrients from the water column.

You can plant it deeper if you like, it will likely to continue to drop lower leaves.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Myrio (Myriophyllum sp.) naturally abandons leaves that are further away from the light source. Here is a picture I took on October 5, 2020 on a plant collecting trip of Myrio growing in a garbage choked roadside ditch.

Myriophyllum-5-Oct-2020.png.43f27cf90f1d2c1d742807673a6d66b2.png

You can see in this photo that the Myrio in the wild is doing just what your Myrio is doing in your aquarium.

If you allow it to keep on growing, Myrio also makes for a nice emersed plant too. This is that same Myrio a few weeks later in one of my aquariums.

1167138267_10Nov2020TopDownTuesday.jpg.0

And yes, those are roots on your Myrio. They are called adventitious roots. Many plants do this as a way of collecting nutrients from the water column.

You can plant it deeper if you like, it will likely to continue to drop lower leaves.

Thank you so much. Ill leave it see what happens. Im using Easy Green fert every week and Co2 booster every morning before lights come on. Im thinking about getting a Co2 system kit

• Like 1