Need Help: Intake Pipe Holder Search

nabokovfan87

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find parts that work and fit my tank. I have a new intake pipe and unfortunately it's basically unable to be mounted properly because the piece in the kit isn't designed for the gap on my rim and this tank setup.

Does anyone know of a holder that is similar in design, but has a longer stem? This dimension here.... just 2-3x longer.

A15520_image1-600x601_1080x_1.jpg

I use the clamps that hold the tube style heaters. Using the coop medium prefilters the clamps in your first photo are not long enough and don’t grab securely enough. 

The heater clamps are not longer but the grabbers are longer and hold much more securely allowing for tension.  

CC4C30B6-1AE5-48EB-8B37-AC45B445C5E5.png
two other options might be 

E74B51A0-D266-4155-867E-CE4BDC0DFC89.png

E9393AF1-346B-49EF-AD44-B1C33663212C.png

On 10/10/2023 at 4:42 AM, Guppysnail said:

The heater clamps are not longer but the grabbers are longer and hold much more securely allowing for tension.  

Yeah, due to prefilter and tank rim I specifically need the space off the glass. 😞

If I had a 3d printer it would be easy! I found someone who had to literally make their own for the same exact issue.

They ended up using tubing and a small plastic ball in the end.

Mod.jpg

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 1:31 AM, Pepere said:

If it is just the intake, then a glass lily pipe intake with surface skimmer might do you well.  Suction cups are outside the tank in the rear.  

a prefilter sponge can fit iver the bottom of the intake as well. 

17 mm intake fits over Fluval grey rubber connectors and use hose clamps to prevent them from tugging off.
IMG_1847.jpeg.f113556af2467a230da345cf3c331612.jpeg

I'll end up replacing it eventually. The goal right now was to just get it secure. Looks good!  I'll be so happy when I swap out the pipe.

(And tubing)