sex and type my shrimp

HelplessNewbie

Looks female to me.

It's either a "high end" sakura or a "low end" painted fire red cherry shrimp.  This is one of my favorite sources for shrimp information because the person behind the website uses research paper, checks the information.  (That being said, the bit at the end about bloody mary vs. cherry shrimp and rostrum size has been proven to be a bit of a tall tale and we don't know the source/origin of the bloody mary shrimp like we do the others)

https://aquariumbreeder.com/red-cherry-shrimp-grading-with-pictures/

In terms of grading, they've replaced the B, A, S, SSS grade with more traditional (and clear) names that you can see in the breakdown in the article.  How much red coverage is their.... alright, that's called this.... and then in terms of high vs. low grade it usually comes down to how red are the arms and legs on the shrimp and the highest grade terminology only being used for ones with completely colored body plates and legs.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Looks female to me.

It's either a "high end" sakura or a "low end" painted fire red cherry shrimp.  This is one of my favorite sources for shrimp information because the person behind the website uses research paper, checks the information.  (That being said, the bit at the end about bloody mary vs. cherry shrimp and rostrum size has been proven to be a bit of a tall tale and we don't know the source/origin of the bloody mary shrimp like we do the others)

https://aquariumbreeder.com/red-cherry-shrimp-grading-with-pictures/

In terms of grading, they've replaced the B, A, S, SSS grade with more traditional (and clear) names that you can see in the breakdown in the article.  How much red coverage is their.... alright, that's called this.... and then in terms of high vs. low grade it usually comes down to how red are the arms and legs on the shrimp and the highest grade terminology only being used for ones with completely colored body plates and legs.

This was most helpful, thank you!

• Like 1