Ich with new fish

skinzz

Hi all.

My daughter got some new blue rams today and she put them in her community tank after she acclimated them. After i checked them out i noticed that they have a few little white spots on their fins. I'm guessing this is ich, so does she now need to treat the whole tank or can she take them out and treat them separately since they have only been in there for a few hours?

Cheers Everyone

I would treat the hole tank to be on the safe side with ick X and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt will add back in essential electrolytes gradually raise the temperature to 82 to speed up the life cycle of parasite add an extra air stone during treatment@skinzz

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 7:08 PM, Colu said:

I would treat the hole tank to be on the safe side with ick X and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt will add back in essential electrolytes gradually raise the temperature to 82 to speed up the life cycle of parasite add an extra air stone during treatment@skinzz

Thanks Colu I will get to it. How long should the tank temp be raised for and will the temps affect her peppermint plecos?

On 9/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, skinzz said:

Thanks Colu I will get to it. How long should the tank temp be raised for and will the temps affect her peppermint plecos?

Germany blue rams do best with a temperature over  80 for long term health it depends on which peppermint pleco you have there's a couple of L number plecos that are called peppermint pleco do you no the L number 

Edited by Colu

On 9/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Colu said:

Germany blue rams do best with a temperature over  80 for long term health it depends on which peppermint pleco you have there's a couple of L number plecos that are called peppermint pleco do you no the L number 

I'm not to sure which one it would be. It was for sale on marketplace so she wanted 2 cos they looked really nice.image.jpeg.3e3dcff0b27c6adbcd4dcb581084d496.jpeg

On 9/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, skinzz said:

I'm not to sure which one it would be. It was for sale on marketplace so she wanted 2 cos they looked really nice.image.jpeg.3e3dcff0b27c6adbcd4dcb581084d496.jpeg

Possible L181 they do fine with a temperature range of 75-85 that shouldn't be a problem for them