What's cause of these hairy plants?

martinmin

On 9/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, martinmin said:

In that case, this little tank has a filter. Are these pale, gray stuff algae or not? 

With the limited info you provided I'd assume its a fungus, either coming from the wood itself or an immature eco system.

I don't think its fungus. That looks like dragon stone and not driftwood. I'm assuming its some kind of hair algae either from too much light or too much nutrients. And the plants don't look like they are dying to me. I'm thinking its too much light because the plants under the rock, where its shaded, don't have any algae. Do you know how powerful your light is? And how long do you have it on for everyday?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:58 PM, Supermassive said:

I don't think its fungus. That looks like dragon stone and not driftwood. I'm assuming its some kind of hair algae either from too much light or too much nutrients. And the plants don't look like they are dying to me. I'm thinking its too much light because the plants under the rock, where its shaded, don't have any algae. Do you know how powerful your light is? And how long do you have it on for everyday?

Yeah, I second this diagnosis. I think I see hair algae on the dragon stone itself, as well as whatever stem that is on the right (looks like a Bacopa species to me).