Black moor 6 inch changing color to white still eating

Pumpkinstine

Could be over production of the slime coat that can be caused by a number of things a parasitic infections poor water quality it might just be my eyes does it have tiny white spots near the eyes did you quarantine the new fish before adding it to the main tank any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing erratic swimming @Pumpkinstine

The other fish was quarantined before entering the tank. That fish shows no signs of this coloring. It’s an oranda . The moor is eating normally  but since the addition of the tank mate they both swim less  but that might be them getting used to each other   I’m just wondering if o should treat him or watch and see   Also want a recommendation on the best treatment to use 

thanks 

Colu can indicate better than I can, but I second the notion here of treating for external parasites as a concern.  Ich, Epistylis, or some sort of protozoan issue being the top on the list here.  All of them have similar treatments, thankfully.

The usual recommendation being: ich-x + Aquarium salt for ich or kanaplex + Ich-X + aquarium salt for epistylis.

Let's wait for Colu to chime in again though once we have full details.

What is the temperature of the tank?

On 9/10/2023 at 4:03 AM, Pumpkinstine said:

The other fish was quarantined before entering the tank. That fish shows no signs of this coloring. It’s an oranda . The moor is eating normally  but since the addition of the tank mate they both swim less  but that might be them getting used to each other   I’m just wondering if o should treat him or watch and see   Also want a recommendation on the best treatment to use 

thanks 

What I would do is treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and do a course of kanaplex just remember to only add back in the amount of salt you take out so if you do a two gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in and add an extra air stone during treatment give an update after the course of kanaplex