Hello from Apple Valley CA

Hello everyone! My name is Shane and I currently reside in Apple Valley California, hoping to relocate to Arizona within the next year or so.

I currently only have a 40 breeder, 75 gallon, and a hospital/quarantine tank that ironically has a thriving colony of cherry shrimp in it, the shrimp tend to get shared with friends who want them.

All is planted, even the quarantine tank. I've recently had a bout of no motivation-itis but hoping to get some major maintenance done and cure that. The 75 has rainbows and the 40 is mostly Central and South American, but I'm not super strict with it.

Active forums are exciting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, BassKase said:

Right on. Another High Desert fish keeper! I'm out in Phelan/Pinon Hills. 

Very nice! We're practically neighbors lol. I was just out in Phelan this morning.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:01 PM, Sliceofnature said:

Hey Shane, Welcome. Im in the LA area so not too far fom you. I go out to apple valley to ride at Grange and to ride dirtbikes and shoot. Love it out there. 

It's definitely quiet out here. How's LA treating you? I really need to get outside and go shooting...

29 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Very nice! We're practically neighbors lol. I was just out in Phelan this morning.

It's definitely quiet out here. How's LA treating you? I really need to get outside and go shooting...

Welcome!  I'm down in the valley...West Sacramento!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Thank you! How is Sacramento treating you?

not bad!  as for the fish hobby, I just picked up a 110 gallon acrylic tank and stand for $300!  It's in awesome shape too!  Had to drive to San jose to get it, but worth the drive!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dana said:

not bad!  as for the fish hobby, I just picked up a 110 gallon acrylic tank and stand for $300!  It's in awesome shape too!  Had to drive to San jose to get it, but worth the drive!

Very much so worth it! Very nice find! What are your stocking plans?

4 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Very much so worth it! Very nice find! What are your stocking plans?

I have some community fish that deserve an upgrade...Angels, Cupid Cichlids, tetras...nothing super special, but I love giving them a better home.  And its fun for me to set up a new tank.  🙂  What tanks do you have?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dana said:

I have some community fish that deserve an upgrade...Angels, Cupid Cichlids, tetras...nothing super special, but I love giving them a better home.  And its fun for me to set up a new tank.  🙂  What tanks do you have?

Awesome! The action tetras give when they have more space and their numbers are bolstered is great. I'm sure all the wet pets will really appreciate the upgrade.

Currently a 40 breeder, 75, and a 10 gallon quarantine/hospital/holding/whatever tank lol. The 40 breeder has rummy nose, ember, and black neon tetras, a pair of peacock gudgeons, panda cories, an apistogramma cacatuoides super red, otos, and various invertebrates. The 75 has parkinsoni rainbows, dwarf neon rainbows, and panda garras, the quarantine tank currently houses a lonely clouded archer fish intended for the 75 and some neocaridina that it's actually ignoring.

Edited by varanidguy

15 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Awesome! The action tetras give when they have more space and their numbers are bolstered is great. I'm sure all the wet pets will really appreciate the upgrade.

Currently a 40 breeder, 75, and a 10 gallon quarantine/hospital/holding/whatever tank lol. The 40 breeder has rummy nose, ember, and black neon tetras, a pair of peacock gudgeons, panda cories, an apistogramma cacatuoides super red, otos, and various invertebrates. The 75 has parkinsoni rainbows, dwarf neon rainbows, and panda garras, the quarantine tank currently houses a lonely clouded archer fish intended for the 75 and some neocaridina that it's actually ignoring.

15 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Wow!  Quite an assortment!  I do want to put a large school of Corys in the 110, I've never seen their behavior in a huge group of around 20.  

On 8/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, varanidguy said:

Haha i bet its been a little hot out there for outdoor activities lately tho. Cant wait till things cool down a bit and i can get back out there

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Bob said:

Need me some ackies, maybe from next years batch 😃

Thank you for the reminder in tonight's livestream lol. Gotta visit the forums!

Have a final batch this year that just hatched. Will probably pick back up again next spring. 🙂

19 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

Thank you for the reminder in tonight's livestream lol. Gotta visit the forums!

Have a final batch this year that just hatched. Will probably pick back up again next spring. 🙂

Do you accept payment plans? $1 a month for 350 months with 0% apr? =D