My betta's LOVE their new "Inverted Aquarium Mason Jar Holder"

KittenFishMom

To @Torrey and all the other betta lovers out there in the C.A.R.E. world. We all know bettas like to be Top Fish and love high humidity air. When I saw the inverted Aquarium Mason jar holders on Esty I knew an air pocket in the top of the jar would have 100% humidity.  I now have 2 set up and the bettas love hanging out up there, out of the water current and with saturated humid air at the tip of their nose. They also get a great view of me approaching the tank and drive down and out to see if I am about to feed them.  They love it up in the top of the jars.  I need to find some smoother jars so I can see them better. The jars with the measure marks and artwork in the glass make the bettas look all wobbly, but they seem to enjoy the view, regardless of the ripples in the glass. I'll add photos when I get smoother jars.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:01 AM, KittenFishMom said:

@Jackson you lower the empty jar into the tank with the ring around the neck in place. the turn it over, capturing some air then hang it on the hanger. the Esty site have a video.

So your betta loves it , just swims right up there ? Be cool a little turret look out , air traffic control tower .

• Like 1

@Jackson The first betta, with the long fins, found the jar in a few hours. The crown tail took longer. The crowntail also comes out to chase the neon tetras if they swim under the jar. The long fin doesn't bother about the corys in his tank, so he spend more time up there. I like the air traffic control idea. They are directing the mosquitoes to land on each of us. My husband says "Mosquito 747 clear for landing on recliner Bravo, Mosquito 49 cleared for landing on sofa Delta"

Edited by KittenFishMom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2